Waterfront Housing Burlington, VT
Photographer: Gary Hall Photography
- 2005—AIA National “Show Your Green” Award
- 2005—American Council of Engineering Companies Award for Engineering Excellence (in assoc. w/ Knight Consulting Engineers)
- 2005—Governor’s Award for Environmental Efficiency
- 2005—Efficiency Vermont Design Award
- 2005—AIA Vermont Excellence in Architecture – Honorable Mention
- 2005—Home Depot Green Award
- 2005—Metal Architecture Magazine Design Award
- 2004—Smart Growth Award
- LEED Certification
Waterfront Housing is a LEED Certified affordable housing project with many environmentally sensitive design solutions.
Located in Burlington, VT it is at the North end of Lake St. Extension (also designed by GBA for this project).
The program includes forty mixed-income apartments with underground tenant parking. The building is oriented on the site to maximize views of the lake and solar heat gain. The design is embedded into the hillside to create a communal courtyard and to lessen the scale of the four-story residential building.